Barrio Bushido will be officially released on Tuesday, February 1, 2011. It is time to mobilize, spread the word, and fully support not just a book but a movement. Here is our opportunity for empowerment and promotion of our unique intellectual and spiritual identity. In this novel, we have a homeboy and homegirl power, a human power! I volunteer to speak for all of us, whoever you may be, and boldly present the brutal truth about our humanity. This is not just my book; this is my life. Together let us share life and spread this life to the world so that others may learn and benefit from our ideas.
At this point these events listed below are planned for Barrio Bushido, and this is a great beginning. Still, there is much more to accomplish. We need your assistance to sing our beautiful song. If you have ideas or would like to volunteer your time and/or energy into making our voice heard, please e-mail me at email@example.com.
If you would like more information about me and my ideas, please search through all sections of this blog. Thank you.
Con Sinceridad y Humildad,
Ben Bac Sierra
BARRIO BUSHIDO PLANNED EVENTS:
- Saturday, January 22, 2011: KPOO 89.5 FM Interview at 11:00 a.m.
- Monday, January 24, 2011: KPFA 94.1 FM Interview (Cover to Cover) at 3:00op.m.
- Thursday, February 17, 2011: SF Mission Cultural Center Reading and lowrider show at 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, February 25, 2011: Alameda Books, Inc. at 7:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 10, 2011: Berkeley’s Pegasus Books at 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, March 2011: Mission District Street Reading (pending)
- March 2011: U.C. Office of the President, Puente Instructor and Counselor Conference, Classroom presentations for instructors teaching Barrio Bushido
- March 29 to April 1: University of North Dakota Writers Conference
- Spring and Fall 2011: Presentations at San Francisco State University and University of California, Berkeley (tentative)
- Spring and Summer 2011: Various street presentations: San Francisco, Oakland, Stockton, San Jose, Sacramento, Modesto, etc.
- Fall 2011: U.C. Hastings College of the Law reading
- November 2011: Scripps College PAMLA Writers Conference
- Northern California Puente Project presentations (tentative), February to May 2011:
- City College of San Francisco
- Skyline College, San Bruno
- Chabot College, Hayward, CA
- Contra Costa College, San Pablo
- Diablo Valley College, Pleasant Hill
- Laney College, Oakland
- Los Medanos College, Pittsburg
- Merritt College, Oakland
- Napa Valley College, Napa
- Ohlone College, Fremont
- Santa Rosa Junior College
- Santa Rosa JC-Petaluma
- Solano College, Fairfield
- San Joaquin Delta College, Stockton
- San José City College
- Audio book forthcoming